About Me

My photo
Tag along as I blog about my time in the Disney College Program Spring Advantage 2013.

Friday, February 4, 2011

So you work at an arena......it must be a fun job.



I have been working at the Rose Quarter in Portland, Oregon since 2006.  The Rose Quarter encompasses both the Rose Garden Arena and The Memorial Coliseum.  The Rose Quarter is home to the NBA's Portland TrailBlazers.  It has played host to numerous concerts, kids shows, sporting events, and high school state championships.  The Memorial Coliseum is home to the WHL's Portland Winterhawks.  It also plays hosts to numerous concerts, high school state championships, home improvement shows, and college graduations just to name a few.

I have had the opportunity to see some amazing once in a lifetime events while being employed at the Rose Quarter.  Most events I never thought I would be able to see.  Some events have been the 2009 NCAA Men’s First and Second Rounds on the Basketball Championships, Queen with Paul Rogers, Walking with Dinosaurs, Neil Diamond, Elton John, Billy Joel, Van Halen.

Here on my blog, I will be sharing the cool and not so cool parts of working at a world-class sports arena.  So if there are any questions you have, or just anything in general you would like to know, just leave me a comment to this post.  I will try my best to answers them.

I hope that everyone will enjoy reading my view on what it is like to work for the Rose Quarter.

Enjoy.


1 comment:

  1. This is a very good post! Very original and creative. It must be a very fun job at times. A friend of mine actually works at The Target Center in Minneapolis, MN where the Minnesota Timberwolves play. So this post actually hits pretty close to home.

    ReplyDelete